Anyone is able to recognize a co-worker within the program by issuing merit badges and commenting on your co-workers attributes. Recognition can simply be the issuing of a merit badge or, if subscribed to buy your employer, you may issue points to a co-worker in addition to a merit badge through TeamPoints.
TeamPoints are points that are provided to you by your employer for this purpose. If your employer has made TeamPoints available to you, you will see them in the top left-hand corner of your TeamBoard page when you log into your account. TeamPoints are of a limited number as determined by your employer. TeamPoints do not accumulate and the allotted amount will reset at the beginning of each period as designated by your employer, such as monthly or quarterly.
To recognize a co-worker and or to issue TeamPoints:
1. Log into your account and make sure that you are on your TeamBoard page.
2. At the top, in the centre of the page, you will see a section that says "Recognize Someone".
3. Start typing the name of the employee which you would like to recognize with a merit and/or points.
4. Select that name once it appears.
5. You can repeat action three and four as many times as you like, entering as many people as you like, so long as the merit badge and point values will be the same for all of the recipients. If you are recognizing multiple people for multiple reasons and multiple point values you will need to do the transactions separately. Please note, you will also need to have sufficient points in your TeamPoint account to facilitate your request. The number of points available to you is displayed in the top left-hand corner on your TeamBoard page.
6. Once you have entered the name(s) in the first field, the page will expand and provide further options.
7. Enter the reason for the recognition.
8. Select the badge that you would like your co-worker to receive in relation to the merit.
9. Choose the number of points that you would like to give to your co-worker. You may type in your own custom value if you choose or set to zero.
10. Determine if you would like this to be a public recognition or private recognition by selecting your option.
11. Click the green "Recognize" button in the bottom right hand corner to complete the transaction.
This will complete the transaction and award the points and assign the merit badge to the co-worker(s) that you have selected. You will note that the TeamPoints available to you will have decreased by the number of points you have issued out. Your notice of recognition will also be posted on the TeamBoard if you have selected the public recognition feature.